Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

$5 sub my eye




Today after eating first lunch of PB&J I was still starving and the Subway in the Cougar-Eat downstairs was calling my name. I was debating whether or not to get the foot long or the six inch. I knew I could only eat the six inch right now, but if the foot longs are just five dollars than it would be crazy not to get it. So I go for it. Foot long roast beef on honey oat with pepper jack cheese, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, banana peppers, mustard and oil and vinegar. Perfect. I get a cookie for my roomy. The blond gal with the strange hat rings me up. $8.17. I hand her my card. "Wait! Why is my $5 foot long suddenly $8?" Apparently the deal ended on Saturday. I guess I saw that sign when I went into Subway but I didn't know the date today so how could I know that Feb 21 had already past? I was angry. More angry that ever before. I didn't want to eat my sandwich anymore. But I did. I ate half. I gave the other half to Katelyn bless her heart. Somehow having someone else eat the other $4 worth makes me feel better.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Yes ma'am!!! I was really grateful for that sandwich once four thirty rolled around. I was famished.

Also, I am so glad it had banana peppers!!! Reminded me of why we're friends.

I owe you, chica!