Friday, August 1, 2008
Idaho Visit
This past weekend Grandma C., Benny, Emma, and I went on a voyage to the great land of Idaho. It was and exciting trip. I drove us up Friday morning, very carefully I might add as the car contained my parents most precious cargo. We giggled a little, Benny and Emma more so than necessary. Ha. We got to Grandma's house and she had a nap while we watched T.V. I paid Benny a dollar to watch only the last 20 min of Sponge bob rather than the whole episode. :) Then we set off to meet Grandpa Darrel at the air show practice! The blue angle planes where there. They are bombdizzle cool. At one point in time, they were only 18 inches apart! 5 planes that close is something to marvel at. We also saw a big plane "Fat Albert". Again, it was so much fun to spend this time with Benny and Emma. They are definitely in the category of my best friends. The following morning guess where we went!? The air show again! Admittedly, it wasn't as exciting the second time around. It was really really really really times infinity hot on the runway we were seated on. However, the corn dogs were good! Mmmm. They also dedicated a segment of the show to honor Grandpa, which he was so touched by. It was neat to be there for that. The best part of the entire weekend was getting to talk to Grandma about what she remembers about Grandpa C., and her childhood. I learned things I've never known before. I've recently felt a strong desire to get to know my grandparents better, who they are now, and who they have been in the past. It was a treat to get to hear their amazing stories. I love them. After the air show we went to dinner with Grandma Atkin. Had amazing Italian food! We went to church with her the next morning, had lunch and were on our way home! By that time, I was wishing we didn't have to make the four hour drive confined in a car together, but we survived.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment